Sunday, October 20, 2013

Comparison of 2 Nephi 29:2 and Isaiah 5:26

This is a side-by-side comparison of 2 Nephi 29:2 and Isaiah 5:26.

Similarities in the text are marked in GOLD.
Variations in the text are marked in ROSE.
2 Nephi 29:2
Similarities in the text are marked in GOLD.
Variations in the text are marked in GREEN.
Isaiah 5:26

2 And also, that I may remember the promises which I have made unto thee, Nephi, and also unto thy father, that I would remember your seed; and that the words of your seed should proceed forth out of my mouth unto your seed; and my words shall hiss forth unto the ends of the earth, for a standard unto my people, which are of the house of Israel;




26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth: and, behold, they shall come with speed swiftly:

This is not a direct quote of the Isaiah verse, but rather a paraphrase of a single phrase in the verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment