Sunday, February 2, 2014

Comparison of 2 Nephi 26:25 and Isaiah 55:1

This is a side-by-side comparison of 2 Nephi 26:25 and Isaiah 55:1.

Similarities in the text are marked in GOLD.
Variations in the text are marked in ROSE.
2 Nephi 26:25
Similarities in the text are marked in GOLD.
Variations in the text are marked in GREEN.
Isaiah 55:1

25 Behold, doth he cry unto any, saying: Depart from me? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but he saith: Come unto me all ye ends of the earth, buy milk and honey, without money and without price.

1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

2 comments:

  1. This verse is quoted nearly verbatim by Jacob as well, in 2 Nephi 9:50. For context, Jacob quotes Isaiah 51/52 in 2 Nephi 8, and 2 Nephi 9 is Jacob's exposition of Isaiah 51/52.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Micah, I have been a little delinquent in updating this with a few final references. I noticed a while ago in 2 Nephi 9:50-51 where Jacob quotes Isaiah 55:1-2 and I have now made a new entry for that.

      Delete